Now's the Time: Jazz For All Ages
Music Educator Doug Goodkin makes a compelling case for including jazz in every child's education and offers a sequential approach for teaching it to all ages.
Combining theory and practice, this book includes:
• Integration with the Orff approach to music education
• A developmental sequence for children between 3 and 14 years old applicable to beginners of all ages
• Games, songs, speech pieces, body percussion and movement activities
• Roots music, jazz blues, jazz standards and jazz compositions arranged for Orff instruments and other ensembles
• Essential jazz theory and key historical, cultural and aesthetic background
• A Middle School jazz curriculum with sample student work.
Only 8 remaining!