Recommended for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players. This drum was designed to harness some of the attributes of handpans into a steel tongue drum instrument. We use a scale arrangement where the lowest note in the middle is below the outer side notes. This is similar to many handpan scales. This adds range and versatility to the scale. You can play any note combination and produce a beautiful sound.
This is a great tongue drum to learn hand playing techniques, similar to what can be used on a handpan. It also comes with mallets so beginners can get a great sound right away!
Available in 2 different scales:
- G Major (high voice: G3, A3, B3, C4, D4, E4, F#4, G4, A4).
- F Major (low voice: F3, A3, Bb3, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4).
Dimensions: 15" (38.1 cm) wide by 5" (12.7 cm) high. Weight: 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)
- Specially selected musical steel.
- Each note is carefully hand tuned using a strobe tuner.
- The head is 16" across allowing for easy reach to all of the notes.
- Sound isolating rubber feet are installed on the bottom so you can set it on any surface to play.
- Dampening system. We have developed a breakthrough proprietary technique built into each HAPI Drum which provides excellent resonance while supplying the correct amount of dampening.
- Tough powder coat finish.
Travel Bag / Backpack:
-The bag is constructed from thick durable nylon and uses a heavy duty zipper. There is an internal flap that protects the tongue drum from the zipper.
- -Plastic armor is sewn under the nylon on both the front and back of the bag to protect all sides of the instrument.
- -Soft padding is also sewn into the full inside of the bag.
- -Comfortable adjustable shoulder straps and hand carry straps.
- -Designed so the tongue drum rests comfortably in the small of your back following the contour of your body. This bag has optimal weight distribution and carrying comfort.